'65 Coupe Resto-Mod and '68 Full Custom Restoration

General discussion about C3 Corvettes
rbryce1
Corvette Addict
Corvette Addict
Tell us about your Corvette: 2001 Targa Top Coupe, Stock 350/350 hp Automatic,
1968 Full Custom Corvette Convertible, 454/425 hp, Muncie M20 Transmission. 1965 HP Resto-Mod Coupe, 350/390 hp, Kiesler 5-Speed, FiTech FI, Hedman headers, Edelbrock heads, Comp Cam.

Re: '65 Coupe Resto-Mod and '68 Full Custom Restoration

Post by rbryce1 » Jul 31st, 2022 2:19 pm

Got the passenger side header installed, but it is up against the frame in one place and hitting the upper idler arm bolt in another. Pretty sure I can solve the bolt problem by reversing it as the head side of the bolt is much smaller than the side where the nut is. You can see where the second tube has a rub mark on it and the far right tube is hitting the idler are bolt, just below the Hedman nameplate. :rolleyes:

20220731_003826.jpg

The drivers side is more complicated, as I may need to lift the engine a little to get the header flange past the reverse lockout fitting. The instructions even say you may need to do this, as well as removing the oil filter. I did remove the oil filter, but it still hits the reverse lockout bracket by about 1/2".

Will play with it some more this afternoon. Other than that, they look pretty good on the engine. :drool:

20220731_003918.jpg

Wanted to get the engine prime with oil today, but since the header needs to be installed yet, I can't put the oil filter back on, so that will need to wait until the header issues are resolved. I can start installing the carb and fuel lines though.