Island Life

Off-Topic and Non-Corvette Related Discssion
vito
Senior Corvette Addict
Senior Corvette Addict
Tell us about your Corvette: 1972 Stingray Convertible , BB 454, 4-Speed.

Island Life

Post by vito »

Well hello everyone. Yup I am still alive and had a family covid experience.

Island life during these time was, well chit. Island life took a dramatic turn.

No tourism for two weeks plus 2-1/2 years. Great for driving but many companies went out of business.

International travel stopped 5 Feb 2020. Domestic travel stopped shortly there after.

School schedule went every way the gov could think of. Sucks for parents with children.

Not much food shortages here in the village. Cooking oil is definitely an issue. The Base commissaries are experiences shortages of consumables of many things.

A lot of the city folks and off island (mainland) people buying our village farmland and building apartments and building homes. Is 10 years they will wonder why there is not much local veggies. Sorry we get the local food locally.

Work on the car? Sorry been busy growing our own veggies.

So much for lock down for flattening the curve. After 2-1/2 years we went into restrictions again yesterday.
nwav8tor
Corvette Addict
Corvette Addict
Tell us about your Corvette: 1971 Coupe that's been in the family since new. Was "stored" in a shed in New England for 22 years. Even though I have limited knowledge and experience, I'm SLOWLY doing a body off restoration. Standby for many questions!

Re: Island Life

Post by nwav8tor »

Good to hear from you again Vito. Yeah this pandemic schitt is has gotten real old! Got covid twice myself but luckily only mild symptoms. Isolation sucks!
vito
Senior Corvette Addict
Senior Corvette Addict

Post by vito »

Well, there never ending story.

Last month the country lifted the restrictions. Now the island is back on emergency restrictions.
rbryce1
Corvette Addict
Corvette Addict
Tell us about your Corvette: 2001 Targa Top Coupe, Stock 350/350 hp Automatic,
1968 Full Custom Mako Shark Convertible, 454/425 hp, Muncie M20 Transmission. 1965 HP Resto-Mod Coupe, 350/390 hp, Kiesler 5-Speed, FiTech FI, Hedman headers, Edelbrock heads, Comp Cam.

Post by rbryce1 »

Fortunate here in Florida. No lock downs, businesses open, tourists still coming, but the big issue is getting people who want to go back to work again, especially in restaurants. A friend of ours has a family owned restaurant and she doesn't know from day to day if her waitresses and cooks will even show up for work. It sucks when the government is handing out my tax dollars to loafers like it was candy for sitting on their asses and businesses who need people have been trying to hire for months on months, and can't get anyone to actually work any more. Biden, Harris, Pelosi, Schumer all the rest of the Dumocraps need to get the fck out! At least I am working and getting things done on the cars as well. Hope to see you back on track soon.
vito
Senior Corvette Addict
Senior Corvette Addict

Post by vito »

This is now happening here in Japan. What could go wrong.

Japan is encouraging young people to drink more alcohol to help boost its economy :cheers:

https://www.businessinsider.com/japan-a ... tax-2022-8
nwav8tor
Corvette Addict
Corvette Addict
Tell us about your Corvette: 1971 Coupe that's been in the family since new. Was "stored" in a shed in New England for 22 years. Even though I have limited knowledge and experience, I'm SLOWLY doing a body off restoration. Standby for many questions!

Post by nwav8tor »

Next they'll be promoting casual unprotected sex to keep the population steady/growing... Again, what could go wrong?

Paul
vito
Senior Corvette Addict
Senior Corvette Addict

Post by vito »

Better tell Hunter... :laugh:
vito
Senior Corvette Addict
Senior Corvette Addict

Post by vito »

rbryce1 wrote: Aug 8th, 2022 2:15 pm Fortunate here in Florida. No lock downs, businesses open, tourists still coming, but the big issue is getting people who want to go back to work again, especially in restaurants. A friend of ours has a family owned restaurant and she doesn't know from day to day if her waitresses and cooks will even show up for work. It sucks when the government is handing out my tax dollars to loafers like it was candy for sitting on their asses and businesses who need people have been trying to hire for months on months, and can't get anyone to actually work any more. Biden, Harris, Pelosi, Schumer all the rest of the Dumocraps need to get the fck out! At least I am working and getting things done on the cars as well. Hope to see you back on track soon.
One of the problems we have is that there are a shortage of buyers for the recycling materials. The base had it material pill up for over a year.

Now we got the Taiwan 500 going on with the PLA Navy :laugh:
vito
Senior Corvette Addict
Senior Corvette Addict

Post by vito »

Any body having any shortages at the base commissary? We here our out of many items except meat products.