Front door gap

Perfromance and Technical discussions about C3 Corvettes
Bigknight
Tell us about your Corvette: 73 restow-mod

Front door gap

Post by Bigknight » Jul 11th, 2016 3:26 am

Alright Mainvette, 1brycel, Vito, and anyone else who can help me with my problem. I have a 73 tee top with a gap of over 1/2 inch
at the top of both of my front doors by the windshield and the front finders, and only about 1/8 of an inch or less at the bottom of the doors. I have checked the door hinges both sides their is no play at all, when the doors are shut or slightly open they line up with the body just fine. So I was told by a dif fourm that I could loosen the three bolts each side at the front of the car( the frame to bumper brackets bolts) and jack the nose up, tighten up the bolts and that should do it.
So I did just that loosened the bolts, jacked the nose up. it closed the gap to about 3/16 good enough for me and I'm happy but when I lowered the jack after tightening the bolts of course, the gap came right back to the 1/2".
I tried it a couple of times to try to figure it out, know I'm calling out the big guns. Mainevette I know you know stuff about the fire wall rivits, could it have something to do with this.1brycel I believe you had a c-3 where the whole nose lifted, maybe you got something. ( I've seen you a couple of times with your corvette club) I'm in Tampa (should of said hi maybe next time. Ok lets get this figured out. Please and thank you Bigknight