Corvette Transport

General discussion about C3 Corvettes
nwav8tor
Tell us about your Corvette: 1971 Coupe that's been in the family since new. Was "stored" in a shed in New England for22 years. Even though I have limited knowledge and experience, I'm doing a body off restoration. Standby for many questions!

Corvette Transport

Post by nwav8tor » Mar 14th, 2010 11:40 pm

I have to get my '71 Corvette from New Hampshire (where it's been stored for 22 years) to Washington state in order to start the restoration. Is there anybody out there that has any experience with autotransport companies or rental trucks and/or auto-trailers who wants to share information/ideas on how best to accomplish the task?

Unfortunately, I do not have my own car-trailer and am not sure buying one (especially a new one) for a one time use is the way to go. As for a used one, I wouldn't even know what to look for when evaluating it's condition. Maybe I'll get lucky and find someone out here in the Pacific Northwest who will let me use theirs for a couple of weeks. Then all I'd need to do is find a truck capable of pulling it across the country.

Hoo Boy - such a daunting hurdle to get across before I can even start the project!