General discussion about C3 Corvettes
2 posts • Page 1 of 1
- New Member
- Posts: 1
- Joined: Apr 8th, 2018 10:36 pm
- Tell us about your Corvette: Owner of a numbers matching, all original, orange 454 BBC '73 C3.
- Location: Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Hey guys, brand new to the forum and a proud C3 owner for a little over a year now. I've got a situation that I'm hoping someone else has had before, that would be able to offer me some pointers on what to do next. I'm in the process of cleaning my C3 up, and while I'm slowly replacing all of the worn parts and doing period corrections, I happened to notice that I've got separation on both from panels where they attach to the firewall. It seems to be the root of my door gap issue, and someone has suggested that the previous owner may have lifted her up a few too many times with improper pad positioning. Has anyone gone through this before and if so, what do you recommend as corrective measures. She runs and drives like a dream, but the gap IS annoying and now that I know there is a problem, it's in my nature to address is promptly. Your comments are much appreciated!
- Passenger side door gap with body.
- WP_20170321_12_50_16_Pro.jpg (121.73 KiB) Viewed 910 times
- Driver's door crack.
- file2.jpeg (73.41 KiB) Viewed 910 times
- Driver's door crack viewed from below.
- file1.jpeg (100.27 KiB) Viewed 910 times
- Passenger side door crack.
- file.jpeg (104.25 KiB) Viewed 910 times