'65 Coupe Resto-Mod and '68 Full Custom Restoration

General discussion about C3 Corvettes
rbryce1
Corvette Addict
Corvette Addict
Tell us about your Corvette: 1995 Targa Top Coupe, Stock 350/300 hp LT1 Automatic
1968 Full Custom Corvette Convertible, 454/425 hp, Turbo-Hydromatic 400 Transmission with shift kit and stall converter. 1965 High Performance Resto-Mod Coupe, 350 LT-1/390 hp Kiesler 5-Speed

Re: '65 Coupe Resto-Mod and '68 Full Custom Restoration

Post by rbryce1 » Sep 13th, 2019 7:33 am

nwav8tor wrote:
Sep 10th, 2019 2:04 am
:D Hope you have a nice strong wall onto which you bang your head... :D
Yes, heavily reinforced! :D :D

I decided to just turn in the plates for the '68, even if they didn't issue a letter for it. Getting a new plate is easy and I don't need to worry about it. So now, I have the '65 and the '01 registered and insured and the '68 titled and not registered, but insured with comprehensive coverage while it gets worked on. Once it gets ready to be driven, I will throw full coverage on it and get new plates for it. By not paying for the registration and insurance, I am saving almost $200/year for something that will not be used anyway.

It also seems that after lucking out so much with my '65 not being in Melbourne for the last hurricane, it looks like they may be in jeopardy of getting another! Glad it is still on the west coast of Florida.

Still making small headway with it. Rear window is ready to go back in. Just want to check with them to see if they would prefer it installed or left out. After that, finish cleaning up the driver's side door jamb, then work more on the door gaps. No matter what I get done and/or how much is left to do, it is going in the shop when they call to finish any detail work and get painted.