'65 Coupe Resto-Mod and '68 Full Custom Restoration

General discussion about C3 Corvettes
rbryce1
Corvette Addict
Corvette Addict
Tell us about your Corvette: 2001 Targa Top Coupe, Stock 350/350 hp Automatic,
1968 Full Custom Corvette Convertible, 454/425 hp, Turbo-Hydromatic 400 Transmission with shift kit and stall converter. 1965 High Performance Resto-Mod Coupe, 350 LT-1/390 hp Kiesler 5-Speed

Re: '65 Coupe Resto-Mod and '68 Full Custom Restoration

Post by rbryce1 » May 10th, 2020 9:00 pm

Some things done, but not all as planned. The glass guy had a family emergency and was not able to install the glass. He had to go out of town for several days, but when he gets back, I am on his list.

I did get the front signals, the windshield washers, both door handles, both door locks and the passenger side rear bumper brackets installed. Tried to install the gas door, but Mason did not paint the inside of the lip. He thought it was covered by the door bezel, but it is not all covered. I have it masked off and ready to paint. I will do it tomorrow with my air brushes.

I found an amazing metal polisher and he polished the stainless steel pieces that go on the outer side of the door window seals. I was able to install those pieces and the door outer seals. He also has the aluminum license plate housing to polish and the stainless steel front grill. They should be ready sometime this coming week.

Also ordered the mirror backing plates, the hose and fittings for the gas tank overflow boot and the plastic push-in fasteners for the auxiliary weatherstripping for each door. Hope to install the passenger side rear bumper tomorrow then start on installing the drivers side rear bumper brackets after that. Since I had already fitted and installed the bumpers before paint, everything should just bolt back up like before, at least that is the plan! With this project I never know what to expect next.