'65 Coupe Resto-Mod and '68 Full Custom Restoration

General discussion about C3 Corvettes
rbryce1
Corvette Addict
Corvette Addict
Tell us about your Corvette: 2001 Targa Top Coupe, Stock 350/350 hp Automatic,
1968 Full Custom Corvette Convertible, 454/425 hp, Turbo-Hydromatic 400 Transmission with shift kit and stall converter. 1965 High Performance Resto-Mod Coupe, 350 LT-1/390 hp Kiesler 5-Speed

Re: '65 Coupe Resto-Mod and '68 Full Custom Restoration

Post by rbryce1 » Feb 13th, 2020 6:35 am

Had a message asking me to stop by the body shop yesterday after work. Feared the worst. :ack:

Turned out all Mason needed was for me to approve the paint color. :thumbs:

He has the paint in the shop and he painted a test panel which was part of a C5 Corvette front fender. Looked GREAT. Car is going to be red hopefully this week!

The paint is so transparent it took 4 coats to completely cover. He has 4 gallons of the paint on hand. :eek:

Here is a photo of the test panel, which is an un-prepped section of a C5 fender he had in his shop from a previous repair. It doesn't really show the metallic in the paint. It's the kind that is not really visible
in the shade, but literally explodes in sunlight.

20200212_161044.jpg

I asked if he paints in the morning or afternoon, as I cannot be there in the mornings, but could stop in the afternoon to see the paint going on. Unfortunately, he paints in the mornings before it warms up and any humidity gets into the air. Oh well, I'll just have to wait until after work to see it. :Hurray:

Getting really antsie!!! :drool: