Riveting tool

Information about the tools and equipment featured on the Corvette Restoration Page
beekppr
Tell us about your Corvette: 1964 Convertible. Unknown options or engine. Now has 1968 327. Added a 5 spd. Tremec which is fantastic. The car has been badly hacked over it's lifetime and I am now trying to turn it into a nice driver.

Riveting tool

Post by beekppr » Apr 22nd, 2012 6:49 pm

The repairs to my 64 are coming along nicely. I am getting close to bonding in the new rear panel and then I will be making repairs to the floor panels.

I am wondering though what tool or technique is best for properly attaching factory style rivets. I have to rivet in little metal attachments to the rear tail light panel and I will also be riveting in various seat belt anchors and seat mounting plates in the floor boards under the seats.

I saw a tool in one of the catalogs but it wasn't very clear how it works or how well it works for that matter. I don't want seat belts ripping out of the floor during some minor t/c.

And while I'm at it, what do you guys think of using some bonding adhesive under the plates and anchors as I install the rivets?

Thanks for the input.

Mike