Information about the tools and equipment featured on the Corvette Restoration Page
- Posts: 2069
- Joined: Sep 7th, 2009 5:31 pm
- Tell us about your Corvette: 1971 Coupe, restoration in progress.
- Location: Waterboro, Maine
During my restoration I've found numerous instruction and reference manuals helpful. For anyone contemplating a frame off restoration, I consider the following manuals as mandatory:
- Chevy Chassis Overhaul Manual - Get the year for your Corvette. This manual details significant repair and rehabilitation procedures
- Chevy Chassis Service Manual - Get the year for your Corvette. This manual details routine maintenance and rebuild type activities
- 1971 Corvette Assembly Instruction Manual - this manual shows how EVERYTHING in your Corvette goes together. If you have your car compltely taken apart, this manual will show you how it should go back together.
In addition, I also purchased and referenced the following books, although they are much less important than those listed above. Unlike the manuals above, which are true instructional manuals, the books below are more like tutorials that provide a general overview of the restoration process. Although they make for a good read, they do not provide step-by-step instructions on how to complete a given task.
- How to rebuild big block chevy engines
- Chevrolet Corvete Restoration Guide
- Original Corvette - The restorers Guide 1968-1982
And of course, I hope The Corvette Restoration Page (http://www.corvette-restoration.com
) would also serve as a great resource for your restoration!
Someday I'll finally be able to drive my Vette, but for now I'll just admire all the pieces...
Track my progress at The Corvette Restoration Page http://www.corvette-restoration.com