NCRS Winter National Car Show & Swap Meet

Off-Topic and Non-Corvette Related Discssion
rbryce1
Corvette Addict
Corvette Addict
Tell us about your Corvette: 1995 Targa Top Coupe, Stock 350/300 hp LT1 Automatic
1968 Full Custom Corvette Convertible, 454/425 hp, Turbo-Hydromatic 400 Transmission with shift kit and stall converter. 1965 High Performance Resto-Mod Coupe, 350 LT-1/390 hp Kiesler 5-Speed

NCRS Winter National Car Show & Swap Meet

Post by rbryce1 » Jan 27th, 2011 10:50 am

Well, today we are off to Kissemmi, Florida (just outside of Orlando) for 4 days of the annual NCRS Car Show and Swap Meet. I mostly will be going for the swap meet, as my car is not exactly NCRS, but there will be about 250 restored to original condition Vettes in the show to see, plus hundreds of street and custom Vettes not in the show, but being proudly displayed in all of the other parking lots. They actually require you car to be a Corvette to be parked in Old Town during this event! If it ain't a Vette, it gets parked across the street! The swap meet covers several acres and you can find practically anything for anything there. Resellers (Al Knoch Interiors for one) come from as far as California for this event, and there are scores upon scores of private venders selling thousands of Corvette parts.

The actual show location is at a place called "Old Town", which is a major attraction in that area. They host a car show for all cars every Friday and a show for cars over 20 years old every Saturday. Extremely popular local event. Every Friday and Saturday, one of their long standing rituals is the show ends with a grand parade of all the cars displayed as they leave Old Town. Every parade I have seen had at least 50 or more cars in it, all were awsome. This event goes on year round (not the NCRS meet, but the local show & parade), and if you are ever in the area, you have gotta check this out.

I will post pictures after the event.