New person here

New to the forum? Stop in and tell us about yourself!
75and78Vettes
Tell us about your Corvette: 1975 L-48/auto coupe White/Black
1978 L-82/4-speed coupe Silver Anniversary/Black

New person here

Post by 75and78Vettes » Apr 7th, 2010 2:47 pm

Howdy from Texas,
I forget where I stumbled on this site (before it has a forum) but I read every page and bookmarked it for future referral and because I wanted to follow the progress.
I have 2 Corvettes. The first one, a white 75 L-48 with lots of miles was my father in-law's before he passed away and while the mother in-law was more interested in rolling it off a cliff, my wife took ownership as a project car since she worked on it with her dad when he was alive. Since then, I've gotten it running, stopping, and starting to look good with a interior restoration, refinished alloys, new exhaust, and a lot of cleanup.
Link to interior replacement thread:
http://www.corvetteactioncenter.com/for ... coupe.html

The other is a 1978 L-82 4-speed Silver Anniversary that was my father's. He was contemplating selling it so I offered him a deal that included me fixing it up and he could drive it whenever he was in town. It's all original with just over 50K miles and needs a paintjob to look good. The day it came home, I went to work cleaning it up and removing the layers of dust and debris. After changing the thermostat and topping off fluids, it runs like a top.
Interior before:
After:

I'm also a member of the Corvette Action Center and i invite everyone to join there too since it's a great site for information.
I look forward to reading and posting on this forum and hopefully get some more work done on my vettes using info found here!