Hello from the other side of the states

New to the forum? Stop in and tell us about yourself!
1970vette
Tell us about your Corvette: My neighbor had a 1970 LS5 Corvette stored in CA since 1984. I joked about him selling it to me so I could have my mid life crisis and he did. Seeing how both the Vette and I where born in May of 1970 I would say it is meant to be.

Hello from the other side of the states

Post by 1970vette » Mar 11th, 2010 11:01 pm

Tim,
Great site. I have been following your progress for quite a while now and have probably read all your updates at least twice. You put out a lot of great info and the more I read the more I am confused as to what I should start on or even do.
I recently (about 9 months ago) purchased my first ever Corvette. It was a 1970 LS5 my neighbor had stored at his fathers house since 1984. Yes it was in rough condition but it had good solid bones. You can see what the sun did to it in my avatar.
He had it stored under a tarp for about 25 years. I had joked around with him about selling it to me so I could have y mid life crisis. After all it is a 1970 and so am I. Well I came home after a deployment and apparently my wife and neighbor were talking and he said that he was too old to rebuild it and sold it to us. Once we moved it over I looked it over and discoverd not only was it built in the same year that I was born but the same month as well. She is only 11 days older than me LOL It was meant to be.
Well because of the very limited space I have I first thought of just giving her a good once over to get her back on the road after all these years and now I am debating if I should just pop her off her frame and get that done real quick this summer when the weather permits. We shall see. I didn't know what to start on so I let her sit a few will if figured it out. Now she is in the garage up on stands and I am going over the complete brake system (almost done) and then I am going to work on the engine and work my way backwards from there. May be not the most logical but at least I started and I found that to be the hardest part of all. My logic was I better make sure she can stop before I get her going.
I will try to post bigger pictures soon but wanted to thank you for giving me the insparation to take on this project. Great job and I eagerly look forward to your next update.

Ed
What do I do next?