And yet another aussie

New to the forum? Stop in and tell us about yourself!
Ollie
Tell us about your Corvette: I'm just starting a complete restoration of a 74 hard top that arrived in australia late in 2011. It's a basket case and will be totally stripped down to the chassis and start again

And yet another aussie

Post by Ollie » Apr 14th, 2012 1:23 am

Gidday all,
I'm a newby to corvette restoration having done many motor cycles but this is my first car. I have wanted a C3 vette since I was a kid and now in my mid forties I finally have one ( Well most of one ). I have a 74 coupe 350 and turbo 400, power windows and A/C which arrived in Australia late last year in a fairly ordinary state ( california car ). Its motor is missing along with the radiator and support frame. The interior is stuffed and will need to be replaced. The chassis is good apart from an injury at some stage in its life on the front cross member. The body has had its fair share of coats of paint and is currently in a matt black and very sad looking. I intend to totally strip the car and rebuild it from the ground up. It was originally white with oxblood interior so I think it will be white again but with a tan or saddle interior. I'm not intending to build a show car, just a good and reliable vette I can drive on weekends. I'm looking forward to this project and I will be putting the odd question on here from time to time.

Regards

Wayne ( Ollie ) Oliver
Geelong, Victoria,
Australia.
"Down under"