1967 427 with a/c HEATER CORE REMOVAL

New to the forum? Stop in and tell us about yourself!
Colorado Guy
Tell us about your Corvette: I have a 1967 427 convertible which i bought slightly used in 1967. I've owned it ever since. After the engine wiring harness finally died about 3 years ago, I've gradually embarked on a restoration program to get everything working again.

1967 427 with a/c HEATER CORE REMOVAL

Post by Colorado Guy » Apr 11th, 2011 2:45 pm

Hi Everyone,
I'm new to the forum, but hope someone out there can help me. My heater is leaking into the passenger compartment, and I presume it's coming from the core. Question: can I pull out the interior heater & distributor assy without disconnecting/venting a/c system? Must I remove the blower and a/c and evaporator systems in engine compartment first, to remove interior heater hardware?
I have removed the heater cover on firewall and disconnected three nuts there plus nut inside passenger side right foot by vent. The distribution assy will not budge. I'm assuming that there are more nuts or bolts holding it on over on the a/c & blower side that I'm going to have to remove. Has anyone gone through this ordeal that can give me words of advice?
You have no idea how much I Thank YOU!