The Girls likem from down Deep South

New to the forum? Stop in and tell us about yourself!
BIGNIGHT
Tell us about your Corvette: Yes and just finishing a fram-on restore, love your restore. I thought it would take about a year, its been more like 10... dont give up its a hell... of a hobie

The Girls likem from down Deep South

Post by BIGNIGHT » Apr 5th, 2011 7:09 am

I have a 73 just finishing the frame-on street-modifed thought Id getter done in about a year, started collecting parts from about 2000 (thats the year)and here it is 2011 and its ready for the paint booth.
after seeing all that you found in your frame-off Im glad I didnt do it...all that much more work that you have had to do, If you dont take it apart you dont see it (dont mean it isnt there ) just means I dont see it.
No I think am alright
I'm talking about the rust above and below the windshield and the bad body parts, the removing of the firewall :bang:
thats why documenting all of this is so great. I was more concerned with money so I kept track of the money like you kept track of hours I even made a spread sheet of who i bought it from, what it was, when i bought it, what it cost and to calculate the cost, and it would calculate by date, vendor. or abc order of what it was.
I think when people restore cars they really don't want to know how much they have spent.
the hardest part of that was not buying the really good stuff all of the time ( I put 10.00 shocks on my car I figure Thier easy to change later on but I did put a fuel injection system on that cost 2400.00 )
Its a lot of give and take..... :hammer: