Hello from Missouri

New to the forum? Stop in and tell us about yourself!
Jay12314
Tell us about your Corvette: Modifying a 1975 Corvette coupe. 1980 rear bump and bumper cover, L88 style hood with air box, ZL1 aluminum big block stroked to 482 ci, Tremec Magnum 6 speed.

Hello from Missouri

Post by Jay12314 » Apr 20th, 2016 4:00 pm

Hi to everyone. My name is Jay and I am restoring and modifying a 1975 Corvette. I have a question about lifting the body on and off the chassis directed to Mainevette. I'm going to need to do this several times before I paint the body. I lifted the body off using a couple of chain hoists and lifting straps that wrapped around the doors and fenders as is common, but I don't want to use this method again as it stresses the fiberglass and would damage fresh paint. I'm interested in Mainevette's method. It looks to me like Tim supported the body from the upper windshield frame and the rear roof support using a 4x4 lifting beam. I think he supported the nose from the lower radiator support. Is this correct? I would be concerned about lifting the body from the windshield frame. Any information would be appreciated.