Hi from Colorado

New to the forum? Stop in and tell us about yourself!
Tell us about your Corvette: 1972 Convertible, sunflower yellow, 350/4spd, black interior and top

Hi from Colorado

Post by JonnyPM » Feb 9th, 2016 5:55 pm

I found this forum from reading Tim's restoration project, which is awesome and thanks for doing that. My dad had a blue '68 convertible with a white top when I was a kid and I've always wanted one.

I found a 72 convertible last fall that I had to have, much to the chagrin of my wife. It's in decent shape but needs a lot done to get in the shape I want it. I'd love to do a frame off like some of you have done, they all look great looking brand new like that. I don't think I have the space or the money to do that though, so I'm just going through what I can to get it looking as good as it can. I've about got the interior done, or at least have all the parts sitting here in my office distracting me. Numbers don't match so I can do what I want with it really, but I'd like to keep it mostly stock looking except for wheels/rims, suspension and engine. The engine has already been bored and rebuilt by one of the previous owners. Next up is cleaning the engine compartment up, re-wiring, and adding a VB and P suspension.

Lots of great info on here, I've spent the better part of the day reading.