Hello to All...

New to the forum? Stop in and tell us about yourself!
71Vette
Tell us about your Corvette: Just got my first Vette 1973 coupe LT48

Hello to All...

Post by 71Vette » Sep 26th, 2010 8:10 pm

Thought I make the obligatory introduction...

Just picked up my first Corvette, sort of a long distance deal. Good thing because I may have had some reservations if I'd seen it before I bought it. Not sure what I've got myself into here. My brother found the car and it was supposed to be just a re-install the gas tank and you can drive it away but once I saw it, that went out the window. ;-)

After doing some online research and found this site I know I'm in for a complete frame up restoration. I now own a '73 silver metallic coupe with the stock engine and black vinyl interior. Supposedly with all numbers matching but until I pull each part and check them myself I won't be certain. The original owner bought almost every option for this car but it hasn't been on the road for 20 years. Who knows, I may even find some chicken eggs inside from it's barn days...

My main line of experience is in construction but it's been a while since I worked with tools. Did take some auto body classes back when I was a kid. Thank goodness there are places such as this where I can learn from others, I'll need it. Now on to clearing out my garage and making a body dolly. Looks like I have a fairly substantial tool investment ahead of me too. Well I guess I needed an absorbing hobby where I could learn entire new skill sets...

All helpful advice will be greatly appreciated
Yeah, I know my profile says 71 Vette but what I actually got was a '73