Hi from MaineVette!

New to the forum? Stop in and tell us about yourself!
MaineVette
Administrator
Administrator
Tell us about your Corvette: 1971 Coupe, restoration in progress.

Hi from MaineVette!

Post by MaineVette » Oct 18th, 2009 8:54 pm

Hi, my name is Tim, and I'm the admistator of this forum and the developer of http://www.corvette-restoration.com. Back in September 2005 I made two decisions. First, I would embark on the restoration of a classic 1971 Corvette and second, my progress would be chronicled with in a website so that friends, family and strangers alike could learn from my successes, trials and tribulations.

No, I'm not a professional mechanic, restorer or web developer. Instead, I'm an engineer with a love for turning wrenches and spending vast amounts of time locked away in the garage.

In my early years I spent a lot of time working on my various vehicles and toys, a lot was learned during those years. Cleaning carburetors, rebuilding engines and 'tweaking' my motors to go faster quickly developed into a hobby that's stuck with me to this day.

As for Corvettes, I've always had a thing for them. In my grade school years I remember seeing one in the school parking lot quite regularly. It was a black C3 and I would always looked for it as the school bus turned the bend into the drive each morning. I loved it's curving body lines and sleek styling, and I hoped that someday I'd be lucky enough to own such a beautiful car.

Naturally, my hobbies combined and a project was born. After several months of searching I purchased a 1971 Stingray as a project car. This is my first restoration of a classic car, actually its my first restoration of any type. Although the project has tuned out to be a lot more work than I ever expected, it's been an enjoyable experience.

Thanks for stopping by. I hope you enjoy your stay!

Tim Cote

Someday I'll finally be able to drive my Vette, but for now I'll just admire all the pieces... :willy:

Track my progress at The Corvette Restoration Page http://www.corvette-restoration.com