1974 Corvette Resto-mod Project for-sale

C3 Corvette classifieds
Custom74
Tell us about your Corvette: I own a 1974 Corvette that i am rebuilding to use as a track car.

1974 Corvette Resto-mod Project for-sale

Post by Custom74 » Dec 16th, 2011 10:13 pm

I hate to do this, but here it goes...

For sale is my 1974 Corvette Stingray project car. I am about 75% done with this build, but unfortunatly am in need of selling it. I have recently taken a new job with the company that I work for and cannot afford to take the project with me. They unfortunatly will not ship the vehilce for me either. The project started as a restoration, but after deciding that I wanted to enjoy driving the vehicle more then I wanted to look at it, I decided to change from restoration to resto-mod. The completed work includes a full frame restoration with all new chassis components. All of my drivetrain has been professionally rebuilt and is in running condition. Yes, the engine runs and starts right up, the transmission can be engaged and shifted, and the car could drive around the block if I could mount a five gallon bucket securly enough.

- Frame is 100% straight and new body mounts installed by SRIII Motorsports
- Rebuilt Wheel ends (rear off set trailing arms for wider rear wheels/tires, rebuilt A-arms, rebuilt wheel ends front and rear)
- New updated front suspension (lower 550 lbs springs with bilstien shocks and 1 3/4 in. sway bar)
- New updated rear suspension (3' drop bolts, 550 lbs mono carbon fiber spring with bilstein shocks and 1 in. sway bar)
- Complete new Brake syste (stainless lines, calipers, rotors, valves, booster, fittings)
- New steering rack ( updated power rack and pinion steering from c4 Corvette)
- Rebuilt rear differential (updated hardened ring and pinion)
- Rebalanced drivline / half shafts (new heavy duty u-joints)
- Rebuilt 4 speed t10 transmission with new 1st and 3rd gear
- Completely rebuilt 355 SBC (750 CFM card, mild cam, huydo flat tappet lifters, true dual timing chain, fast burn heads, air gap intake, engine dynoed at 412 HP / 408 ft lbs)
- New fuel system (high flow pump, lines, internal tank sending unit, and tank)
- I also have a variety of new and reconditions components ready for install (radiator support, hood, ZL1 fender flares, bumpers, bumper brackets, interior, glass, etc.)

Major structural body work has also been completed as well. C3 Corvettes are commonly known for having rusted or rotten "birdcages," the inner metal structure that the fiberglass pannels are bonded to. This car is completely 100% rust free throughout. I have removed all the body pannels from the birdcage, sandblasted and repainted the birdcage. The fire wall was removed, cleaned and reattached. The entire front clip was disassembled and repaired. My plan was to add wider fenders, ZL1 fender flares, to the car, front and rear. The OE fenders have been removed, however they are still in my posession and in good condition. Fortunatly, I have not installed the new wide fenders so if that look is not desired, the OE fenders can be reinistalled. The remaining work to be done on this vehicle is made up of body and interior work.

Of new and original parts, I have 95% of the components needed to assemble the vehicle to make it drivable. Over $27,000 has been invested in this vehicles with reciepts for every nut and bolt that was purchased to get to this point. I also have receipts for work that was does to the frame and the professional rebuilds of the major components. I have more recent pctures if you are interested. Please contact me if you have any questions.

My project is being sold for $9500. I hate to part with my project, but my loss is your gain.

Thanks for looking!

- Anthony